Database Instruction Manuals
Welcome to the Database Instruction Manuals. These manuals are designed to train new personnel and to provide reference for current personnel.
The databases we have at the law school have been developed to make data easily accessible. It is important that each employee who uses these databases be familiar with them for the following reasons:
- To maintain standards of data entry.
- To know the capabilities of the system.
- To know where to find solutions.
To accomplish this purpose, read carefully through the manuals that are pertinent to the area in which you work. Once you have done this, refer back to these documents often to answer any questions you might have or to refresh your memory.
To begin, simply click on the Forward icon at the bottom of the page. If you want to jump to a specific area, use the menu to the left by clicking on an icon in the menu tree. If you are unfamiliar with the icons, the following is a list will help you navigate.
- The folder icon contains documents. To see the contents, simply click on the folder.
- The document icon indicates a local document. To view the document, simply click on the icon.
- The reference icon indicates a local manual. To view the manual, simply click on the icon.
- The web icon indicates an external document on another web site. To view the document, simply click on the icon.
- The email icon indicates a link to send email. If you would like to contact the person via email, simply click on the icon.
- The help icon indicates a help manual. To view the manual, simply click on the icon.
For troubleshooting, refer to the Troubleshooting section of each database. If you can't find a solution to your problem in these documents or have anything to add, contact the Database Specialist. Our goal is to make instruction on the database as easy and as accessible as possible.