Marriage and Family Legal Services are often available through the State's Legal Aid program. For more information see the section on Legal Services to the Poor.
Additionally, services for children and youth can be found at Children/Youth Advocacy
ABA Find Legal Help - http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/findlegalhelp/home.cfm
- Lists legal resources by state
ABA Section of Family Law - http://www.abanet.org/family/
- Family Law Quarterly Family Law in the Fifty States: http://www.abanet.org/family/familylaw/tables.html
- Charts summarize basic laws in each state by topic, including custody, alimony and grounds for divorce. All charts are current as of November 2005.
Findlaw.org – Legal Aid and Legal Resources: http://www.findlaw.com/14firms/legalaid.html
- Lists legal resources throughout the nation
Law Advisor – Family Law - http://www.law-advisor.com/library/famlaw.html
- Lists resources related to various areas of family law
Lawyers.com – Family Law
- Contains resources available by topic and includes common legal forms
National Partnership for Women and Families - http://www.nationalpartnership.org/site/PageServer
- The National Partnership for Women & Families is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses public education and advocacy to promote fairness in the workplace, quality health care, and policies that help women and men meet the dual demands of work and family.
Collaborative Practice – Use of lawyers and other professionals to achieve family law disputes – primarily in divorce – to achieve a settlement of divorce rather than through litigation.
Collaborative Divorce Team Trainings - http://www.collaborativedivorce.com/
The Coalition for Collaborative Divorce - http://www.nocourtdivorce.com/
- The Coalition for Collaborative Divorce is dedicated to addressing divorce needs in a positive and collaborative manner so as to resolve conflict, avoid litigation and help people restructure their lives to benefit all family members during and after divorce.
Collaborative Family Law Resources - http://family.findlaw.com/divorce/divorce-help/collaborative-family-law-resources.html
Family Law Attorney Finder for California, Kentucky, New York, Texas: http://www.ilawyer.com/library/lawarea_family.jsp
- Non-profit service for finding family law lawyers
The Arizona Association for Marriage and Family Therapy - http://aztec.asu.edu/azamft/
- We represent the professional interests our members throughout the state of Arizona. Since our founding in 1973, the AzAMFT has been promoting the field of marriage and family therapy as a viable alternative to other traditional methods of providing mental health services. This is accomplished through public relations campaigns, initiation and promotion of mental health-related legislation, and collaboration and cooperation with other mental health associations and managed care organizations. The AzAMFT is currently actively involved in the promotion of legislation requiring licensure of marriage and family therapists and other mental health professions in Arizona. Actions such as these not only benefit our membership but also provide benefits to the consumers of marriage and family therapy in our state.
Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence - http://www.azcadv.org/
- Since its inception, the Coalition has served as an advocate and a voice representing the needs of domestic violence service providers and the victims they serve throughout Arizona. The Coalition has, and will continue to, educate the public about Domestic Violence.
Arizona Legal Aid - http://www.azlawhelp.org/
- DNA-People's Legal Services was founded in 1967 with a mission to strive for economic justice and human rights on behalf of Native people. Each year thousands of rural poor receive free legal assistance and the education needed to protect their legal rights.
Idaho Health and Family - http://www.state.id.us/health_safety/
- To meet the needs of families in crisis situations, we provide food, cash, and assistance programs to help them get back on the road to self-reliance, including:
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare - http://www.idahohealth.org/
Idaho Division of Human Resources - http://dhr.idaho.gov/stateJobs/default.aspx
Native American Youth & Family Center - http://www.nayapdx.org/
- Healing Circle is a domestic violence prevention program providing a wide range of services including immediate crisis intervention services, advocacy and ongoing support and educational services. The goals of Healing Circle are to keep Native American families safe and to educate our people in an effort to end the silence about domestic and sexual violence. Healing Circle works to reinforce the fact is that domestic violence is not, nor ever has been, condoned by the Native community.
- Jobs with the Native American Youth & Family Center - http://www.nayapdx.org/about/jobs.php
Johnson County Family Crisis Center - http://www.jcfcc.vcn.com/